Faith in action

We as followers of Christ know that faith without action is dead. We need to keep our faith alive.
Listen, what is God saying to you?
How can we have faith if we do not act.
Faith is an action word!

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Super Chicken!

     No I am not writing about a super hero chicken, I'm not even talking about good tasting chicken. I'm talking about Gideon.
    As I learn a little more about Gideon and how God used him I can relate to him a lot.
     He was afraid and God used him. The army that Gideon was to go against was almost 500 times larger than his army! But, God used his 300 to defeat over 130,000! This goes to show that we do not need a lot to defeat the enemy. Sometimes I look at my own life and the things God asks me to do and I add that little word, IF, just like Gideon did. If you really want me to do this God, or ,If this is really your will than show me. I can not even count how many times I have said something like that to God!
     If you have some time read about Gideon in the book of Judges. It is an amazing story. You can read in online at Biblegateway.com
God used the fearful to do something huge!
The main thing is that Gideon didn't let his fear get in the way of God. Gideon didn't wait for someone to follow or for people to follow him before he acted.
     Don't wait for people to follow you into the fight get in the fight and people will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment