Faith in action

We as followers of Christ know that faith without action is dead. We need to keep our faith alive.
Listen, what is God saying to you?
How can we have faith if we do not act.
Faith is an action word!

Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Great Commission

As I continue to grow in my spiritual life I start to see things I never saw before. Like the Great Commission. I mean I heard about it, I even "knew what it was" but I never really "knew" what it really meant. As I am reading through the book, Evangelism Is.... by Dave Earley and David Wheeler I am learning that a commission is not a suggestion. The word commission is a military term meaning "an authoritative order,charge, or direction" An order! Jesus ordered his followers to spread the Gospel to ALL nations. Jesus ordered his followers to plant Churches! So the next time you feel the call to plant a church or share the Gospel and you question yourself, don't! We are commissioned by Christ himself to do so! We are not called to join a church and stay there for ever continuing to learn about "How to be a Christian", we are called to " be a witness to the ends of the Earth" Acts 1:8 (in part)
This can be really hard for me to do. I question things I feel God is telling me all the time. But I read a book called "The 10 Second Rule" if you haven't read it....READ IT! In that book the Author, Clair DeGraff talks about how when we hear God ask us to do something we only have a short period of time to say yes before we start to make excuses. He goes on to say that when we feel something we do not need to be 100% sure it is God. Claire says that if we take what we feel and compare it to something Jesus would do and if it matches up than we should do it. Kind of like those bracelet's form the mid to late 90's WWJD. What would Jesus Do? or in this case, WJDT, Would Jesus Do This? If the answer is yes than do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment